Thales is a global organization focused on delivering innovative solutions that help civil and military customers make the right decisions at the right time and act accordingly. With 81.000 employees in 68 countries, Thales plays a key role in keeping the public safe and secure, guarding vital infrastructure and protecting national security interests.
Thales has been active in Greece for 47 years, expanding its historical presence in Defence in the country to cover Air Traffic Control, Space and secured biometric documents markets. Thales is a long-standing partner of the Hellenic Air Force, Hellenic Navy and Hellenic Army as well as the NATO. In civil markets, Thales has supplied much of the country’s air traffic management systems.
ACTIVITIES & PRODUCTS
SERVING THE ARMED FORCES
Thales is a long-standing partner of the Hellenic Armed Forces.
- On board of The Mirage and Rafale combat aircrafts in service with the Hellenic Air Force, equipped with Thales avionics systems. Thales has also supplied Crotale air defence systems and Erieye Airborne Early Warning & Control communication system to the Air Force.
- In the Naval domain, surface vessels in service are equipped with Thales combat management systems, radars, self-defence and communication systems.
- In the Land domain, Thales has provided PR4G tactical radios, surveillance radars and optronic systems to the Army.
- A Defence Service Center (DSC) has been created in Thales Hellas to develop and deploy high-performance services.
- Thales has developed Cyber security capabilities in Greece with its Cyber Range Platform.
MEETING THE NEEDS OF THE AIR TRANSPORT SECTOR
Thales has supplied numerous ATM systems to the Greek civil aviation authorities, including primary and secondary surveillance radars, communication and navigational aids (navaids) systems.
DIGITAL IDENTITY & SECURITY
- Thales provides Identity & biometric solutions.
- Highly secure documents (passports, ID cards & drivers’ licenses).
- Mobile identity solutions.